Sunset Very Strong Rum, 75cl
Unleash the spirit of the Caribbean with Sunset Very Strong Rum. This powerhouse of a rum, is one of the strongest rums available in the UK at 84.5% ABV, and not for the faint-hearted. Are you brave enough to embark on this intense voyage?
Sunset rum is made on the Caribbean island of St. Vincent and is distilled and bottled by St. Vincent Distillers Limited (SVDL). The distillery was built on the site of a former sugar mill, the Mount Benick Estate. Sunset is distilled from molasses using the traditional column still method.
Because of it's high alcohol strength, we recommend you mix Sunset by diluting with your favourite mixer, or combine it with the tropical fruit flavours in rum punch. However, on the island of St. Vincent the locals enjoy it straight or with ice cold water and a splash of lime. Mixing it with the water and lime allows the flavours to really come out, including cocoa and grilled pineapple.
- Nose: Powerful aroma with traces of exotic fruits and spices including marzipan, coconut and stem ginger.
- Palate: Intense and robust, a true reflection of its Caribbean origins.
- Finish: Long, warm and lingering, much like a Caribbean sunset with hints of grilled pineapple.
Product Details - Sunset Rum:
- Alcohol Strength: 84.5% ABV
- Size: 750ml
- Alcohol Type: Rum
- Rum Style: Overproof White Rum
- Flavour: Intense and Robust
- Origin: St. Vincent
- Brand: Sunset Rum
- Producer: St. Vincent Distillers Limited
Sunset Rum Awards & Accolades:
- 2016 World’s Best Overproof Rum - World Rum Awards, London
- 2019 Style Winner - World Rum Awards, London
- 2020 Style Winner - World Rum Awards, London
2020 Best Column Still Rum - World Rum Awards
How to Enjoy Sunset Rum:
- Sip Sunset Rum with caution and in moderation to appreciate its intense flavour, dilute with ice cold water and lime.
- Use it as a potent base for classic cocktails like a Hurricane or a Zombie.
- Make special occasions unforgettable with a toast of this formidable spirit.